Tristar’s equipment and plant efficiencies provide customers a competitive, timely response & turnaround, a high quality product at a competitive price. High tolerances can be maintained to provide exceptional, quality manufacture or repairs, whether machining, fabricating or welding, N.D.T. is available, and inspection reports can be provided. In addition, all work is warranted to meet or exceed design standards.
Commercial Marine Repair Work
- Fishing Vessels
- Off-shore Supply Vessels
- Research Vessels
- Cargo/Container Ships
- Cruise Ships
- Naval & Coast Guard Vessels
- Tristar is committed to providing innovative and quality services to its customers.
- Service 24/7, 365 days of the year.
- Tristar’s diversified machining, fabrication and assembly services offer a Single Source Supply for small, medium and large component capabilities.
In dry dock, at berth, or within our Delta facility, Tristar is well equipped for welding, balancing, re-conditioning, machining & repair of propellers, propeller shafts, shaft tubes, sleeves, housings, bearings, liners, tillers, hubs, etc.
Tristar’s services have been employed for a wide variety of marine repairs, as a North American supplier of components to commercial wharfs, ships, submarines and marine related industries. Our knowledge, skills and experience allow for flexible and diverse solutions approach to fabrication, machining, welding and general repair work. Tristar’s job tracking process is fully computerized.
- Class certifications are available on all repairs and (re)manufacturing work. i.e. Lloyds, ABS, CSS, Coast Guard, Military.
- A.S.M.E. “U”, “S”, “R”, & “NB” stamps
- WorksafeBC Certified
- Affiliated with AWS standards
- Confined Space Entry Certified
- ISO compliant
Serving the Marine Community
- up to 180” diameter
- up to 70” blade height
Cast propellers, blades, up to 6,000lbs
Stainless steel, nickel aluminum bronze,
manganese aluminum bronze
Many styles & shapes: fixed pitch, controllable pitch,
adjustable pitch & contra-rotating
Propeller housings, sleeves & bottom wells
Vibration testing, dynamic balancing.
- up to 48” diameter
- up to 600” length
Steering System Components
Tiller & rudder repair
Deck Machinery Repair
- from 1.5 to 15 tonnes capacity
- Mooring, anchor cable
- from 1.5 to 40 tonnes capacity
- Towing, storage, drum, traction, cargo & windlasses
Engine Room Machinery & Equipment
Connecting rods, piston crown, cylinder heads & liners, valves, seats, rockers etc.
Expert in spray metalizing & S.A.W. buildup, titanium welding.
Pump expertise in overhaul, rebuild, valve servicing & repairs, pressure vessels, piping etc.
Steel, aluminum & stainless steel fabrication.
Wide range of sizes
Housings, bottom well covers, gear drives etc.
Bearings, housings & gearboxes, etc.
Turbine blades & dynamic balancing.
Machining of all types of parts for main engine generation & after equipment.